The Weimar Institute of Applied Construction Research is an innovative and successfully operating research institute with focus on the development of new devices, processes and materials for the construction industry. With more than 120 employees, we have been supporting our partners and customers with practical research and development as well as application-oriented services for 30 years.
We are looking for a Research Associate for our Intelligent Systems department at the Process Technology research division. In the department, we deal with the analysis and development of automated measurement and control technology using artificial intelligence methods.
- Processing of research projects and industrial orders
- Selection, adaptation and implementation of machine learning algorithms
- Realization of comparative analyses between different solution concepts
- Conception of sensorial data collection preferably in the field of optical systems
- Processing, evaluation and visualization of data
- Application and coordination of research projects
- Successfully completed studies (bachelor, master, diploma) in the STEM field
- Programming skills (preferably in Python or C++)
- Experience in robotics, image processing, app programming, GPU systems, neural networks or 3D reconstruction is an advantage
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
- Good written and spoken German and English language skills
- Permanent position at a research institute with close ties to the industry
- Interdisciplinary team and a wide range of topics
- Pleasant working atmosphere and open, collegial environment
- Opportunities for further education and doctoral studies in parallel with your work
- Company bike leasing (business bike)
- Extended social benefits (company pension plan, company kindergarten)
Have we sparked your interest? Then send us your application documents including your salary expectations and targeted weekly working hours, quoting job ID 2022-03-PTISY-WMA by e-mail.
Dr.-Ing. Justus Lipowsky
Head of research department
+49 3643 8684-156